Monday, March 18, 2013

Hi I'm stephanie ...

So why? Why did I chose to eat this way? Why did I chose a way of life that my parents and some friends just don't understand? Why did I chose to make it incredibly more difficult to make meals for myself and my family? Because for me... it's MY truth. A friend at one point quoted this to me, "To believe something and not live it, is dishonest" It resonates every morning when I wake up... I became vegan about 7 years ago. I missed cheese and sometimes would certainly indulge, but as far as meats and eggs go, I never looked back. Once I learned the truth about slaughtering, it disgusted me how most animals were treated before, and during the butchering process. That to me is my truth. Then my research continued... I can't make any argument why processed sugar or much less processed ANYTHING is good for you. I believe that plant protein exceeds any animal protein in the reconstructive nature and nourishment to our bodies. I believe in whole food eating. Everything that nature provides, fruits, vegetables, beans, and legumes are all amazing for you and put on this earth to nourish our bodies. I just can't contain my passion for cooking and baking things that are GOOD for me, that heal and restore my body. And now that I have a family, it is absolutely my responsibly to feed them what I know will benefit them, and keep them away from the things i've learned that can harm their bodies. I understand that my way of eating is extreme and very different from the way most people in this nation eat. However, I now look back at the way I had eaten before and find that way more extreme and risky. When I started this 'shred' with Alexa , Martina and Alaina we had NO idea that just maybe our little voice was going to make a difference. I'm not a nutritionist, I don't have a background education in it (besides a few nutrition classes), but I've spent hours and hours reading books, searching the Internet, and watching documentaries to satisfy my knowledge for REAL answers and understandings of how to feed my body best. You are totally welcome to all my knowledge, and I'm always open to learn what you know. This is my truth. This is my passion and this is WHY I made this choice. To me sharing this with even just one person feels like I'm changing the world. Welcome, I'm stephanie. (photo credit: livelovedphotography)

No comments:

Post a Comment